- 'NAS' and 'we' means The National Autistic Society and Autism UK Ltd, and includes any person or organisation involved in any part of the design, development, response-handling, marketing, promotion or other similar aspects of this site.
- 'User' or 'Users' or 'you' or 'your' refers to any person or persons viewing or interacting with this site.
- 'Link' or 'links' means internet hyperlinks and 'linked' is to be construed accordingly.
Welcome to the Autism.org.uk shop terms and conditions for use. These terms and conditions apply to the use of this shop and by accessing this online shop and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below and the General Terms and Conditions of use for the NAS website (autism.org.uk).
If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not use or access this online shop. Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact our Customer Services on 0207 903 3595, or by emailing email@example.com
Third party shopping links (e.g. Amazon)
To provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your own discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, for your use of this other website or resource. You must agree to the other website's terms and conditions of use and agree with the privacy of the other website or resource if you enter personal information. Any product orders placed are subject to the other website's terms and you enter into a contract with a third party and not the NAS.
Description of products
We endeavour to ensure that the items and descriptions provided in our online catalogue are accurate. Please note that all sizes are approximate and colours and designs may vary. Please see our Returns clause below.
Vouchers and promotional discounts
- 'Membership Discount' is provided as a benefit of a valid and current subscription to a NAS membership scheme.
- Membership Discount on online sales should be automatically applied to your order and shown in the summary at the shop checkout. If at checkout and while signed in to the website, the discount is not applied and summarised, then you must place your order over the telephone from our publications order line, providing your membership number to gain your discount.
- Membership Discount not applied automatically to online orders are non-recoverable. Please contact the membership team, making sure you can provide the email address used to set up your website account, to ensure future order discounts and your membership subscriptions renewal is handled online in future.
- Membership Discount is applied to the order line before any applicable VAT, and the saving summarised under the order total. Not all products sold by the NAS qualify for a membership discount and the discount applied may vary by product type and the conditions of the membership scheme you have.
- Vouchers when provided are time limited and may have other stated terms.
- Vouchers may not be exchanged for cash equivalents or applied retrospectively to orders already accepted.
- Vouchers can only be used against online orders unless otherwise stated.
- When redeeming a voucher you must enter the serial number printed on the voucher.
- Once a voucher has been used it cannot be redeemed again and the serial number will be void. We do not warrant the validity of any voucher you may have, as it could have been reproduced without our permission.
- Return of goods will be credited at the price paid and recorded on the order. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Promotional discounts and vouchers do not necessarily apply to orders placed by telephone or mail. Please check before placing your order.
Sale items - online shop
We may occasionally offer some books and other products at a discounted price. Such items, when offered for sale, will have been available to purchase from the NAS at full recommended retail price (RRP) for at least 28 consecutive days in the previous 6 months, from commencement of the reduction. Any reduced prices will revert to the full RRP when the sale ends (see online shop for details) and remain available from the NAS, for at least 28 days, in the 3 months after the offer ends, unless identified as a clearance item during the sale. All other terms and conditions apply for the duration of the sale. Apart from standard membership reductions, no further discounts apply.
Please note: These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. See General Terms and Conditions of use.