Our flexible outreach service helps adults with autism to take part in activities both in and outside their home, build their confidence and become more independent in all aspects of life. For example, we can help people to take part in their favourite sport or attend a college course.
The support we offer
Our service is tailored to people’s needs, so support may be long term or short term. Our aim is always to help people to live as self-sufficiently as possible. We offer support to people in:
- their own home
- the family home
- the community
- a university, college or other educational setting
- in the workplace.
All our work is underpinned by tried and tested approaches designed specifically for people with autism.
Individual packages include support with:
- goal setting
- general issues relating to autism or Asperger syndrome
- strategies to keep safe
- maintaining relationships with family and friends
- participating in the community eg shopping, attending college or university, using healthcare, leisure facilities and public transport
- independent living skills and household management skills eg planning and budgeting
- developing social skills
- independent living
- maintaining employment or voluntary work
- creating and maintaining social relationships.
Our staff have a range of specialisms and knowledge so we can offer the right support to each person with autism and help them to fulfil their needs and wishes. All our staff receive autismspecific training, which they build upon throughout their career.
The staff are very nice and they help in any way they can.
Person we support
Our expertise and experience enable us to communicate effectively with people with autism so that they can express what they want and need. We work closely with each person to create their own individual support plan and put it into practice. We see it as vital that the person with autism is at the centre of our planning process so that they have every opportunity to develop and thrive. We also make sure that family, carers, friends and support staff are fully involved in the planning process.
How to access our support
You can pay for our one-to-one support in a number of ways. For more information, visit our benefits and care page