If you need to make a complaint, the process differs according to where you live, and is different for adults and children.

How to make a complaint - adults

How to make a complaint - children

Letter templates for writing to your Local Authority or the Department of Work and Pensions

We have produced these model letters which you can use when writing to your local authority or the Department of Work and Pensions. 

All the letters will need amending before you send them to make them relevant to your situation. For information about how to use each letter, see the information relevant to your nation in the community care for children section, community care for adults section, or see our page about Personal Independence Payment (PIP).


Northern Ireland




Quick link to this page: www.autism.org.uk/letters-and-complaints